- I've been asked this question several times over the years. With the Holiday Season fast approaching, I figured now is as good a time as any to let you all know my opinion on listing your property over the Holidays.
- Many first time home buyers could think you are desperate. In turn, buyers might try to negotiate and the offers you receive might be for less than list price, and you could receive a lowball offer.
- It's very inconvenient for most people during the holidays to always be ready for showings at a moment's notice. Not everybody wants to keep the house spic and span when cooking, baking, wrapping gifts, entertaining and throwing parties.
- You would be appealing to a much smaller inventory of buyers who have very specific needs that your home might not match.
- Let's not forget how it's almost impossible to close any financial transaction in December if the offer is received mid-month. Buyers who want to close after the New Year will probably make an offer in January.
- It's a GOOD IDEA to remove your home from the market before the Holidays. It can return as a BRAND NEW LISTING in January, thereby drawing more traffic because it's fresh and exciting!
- Lastly, Real Estate Agents are Human too! Your agent might be on vacation in December and unavailable as the market moves into a seasonal slowdown. Other Real Estate professionals might be unavailable when you need them as well.
These points are simply based on what I have experienced during the Holidays. In the end the decision is yours as to whether or not to list during these months.
Be sure to check back next week!