Spring has finally sprung, which means it’s the perfect time to get the outside of your home in top shape before you list it for sale or to just enjoy it during the summer months.
A little sprucing up can go a long way with enhancing your home’s curb appeal. It's a fact that a property’s outdoor appeal can dictate people’s home buying decisions.
While it’s not always necessary to keep a perfectly manicured lawn and flawlessly trimmed trees and bushes, little updates and refreshers, such as washing the windows and re-painting the front door, can make a positive impact. Plus, yearly maintenance will help to prevent big, costly overhauls later on down the road.
Here are a few tips to help you get started...
- Pick up any fallen trees / branches and debris from the yard
- Sweep any leaves off your porch and steps
- Use a pressure washer to clean off walkways and siding of dirt and debris.
- Touch up any cracks in the driveway.
- Clean up the gardens and refreshen with mulch and new topsoil.
- Replace any damaged or cracked windows and clean or re-paint the windowsills.
- Update your front door with a bold fresh colour that compliments the exterior.
- Polish or update all hardware
- Manicure the lawn
- Clean out Gutters
- Plant or purchase some flowers pots, urns to add to the front of your house.
These simple and easy steps will add value and curb appeal to your home.